Sunday, April 7, 2019

Reflection

As the final week of our project came to end, we finished our last minute editing stuff and little things we wanted to finish. We came up with the opening credits and how we wanted to display them. Arianna made all these things to match the feeling that we wanted to transmit. We also worked on our CCRs individually and edited them individually. Below is a copy of what I used as my script and sort of a list of talking points that I made sure to touch. I wrote an intro, but I find my voice to be very boring when I read, so I wrote down talking points to try and be more interactive and seem more into it. I also edited my own CCR on iMovie as I don't have any fancy editing software that I can use to edit very well. I am overall super proud of how this project turned out, and how we worked as a group to get the project exactly how we wanted it. There were a couple of struggles and a lot of bumps in the road, but we managed to work it through and we are all proud of how it turned out. Here is the script that I used for my CCR.

Hi, my name is Rafael Sanchez and I will be talking about my film opening Champion. I worked on this opening along with my classmates Tomas, Arianna, and Jonathan. In our film, we tell the story of a boxer, Vincent Montoya that gets knocked out into a coma by his rival Booker Cannon. The story then continues by telling vincent’s recovery story, and his road back to an attempt to the top. Our first two minutes work as a way of establishing the storyline and beginning the development of the plot for the rest of the story.
We begin the film with some credits of both the actors and Tomas’, Arianna's and Jonathan’s role in the production. The graphics were made by Arianna and are meant as a way to sort of resemble the characters and their roles. My name has blue accents in the back to show that im the good guy in the fight. Manuel’s credit is in red to show that he is the bad guy that ends up harming the good guy.  Just a little detail to add a little more effect on the overall theme of the movie. It also reminds me slightly of the boxing tabletop game in which each player has a little toy boxer, either blue or red. In which when each player clicks a button, their boxer throws a punch. A punch to the head wins. This is like an easter egg many won't notice but we included anyway.

Crowd cheering- builds hype
Punching sounds-shows that match isn't starting right there, but has already gone for a while
Rain/location- problem
Camera bag/umbrella/light
Hospital-back up location
light
Sound-beeping, newscast

We tried to make sort of an underdog story- divert from the traditional boxing movies- a bit inspirational almost
Vincent is knocked out and it's him trying to come back
Social groups, fighting is seen as bad-ended up in the hospital
The fight is in a street with cars
Ta-teens to adults, more leeway in what we could put and how violent it can get
Edited-premiere
Tomas-camera, stabilizer

I had never filmed anything before so everything was new
Writing the story
Tomas is good
I tried to involve myself as much as possible in shots and stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here is the link to our final product... Enjoy!