Sunday, March 17, 2019

Hospital Scene

On Friday, only me and Tomas went to class. On this day, we also found out that it was a perfect day to go film in the hospital. We told Paola(our intended actress to be the visitor) and she was super excited to come film with us. We planned to go around 11 pm as Tomas was doing a project for another class, and the hospital wouldn't be too busy at that time. For this, we planned for Tomas to bring all the camera equipment, and me to bring my clothes that I would be wearing during the fight.
At around 11, we told Paola that we were ready to go shoot, and she canceled on us last minute. we began to panic and ask around to see if we could get another person to be the visitor. We found our friend Armando who said he could be there for the hospital shoot and the fight scene. The problem with him is that he couldn't at that time, but could at around 11.30. He said he would bring a friend, but we didn't need her for the shoot, so she would stand in the back and not play an essential role. This is where things began to go downhill. When Tomas and I were ready to leave, Armando had told us that his friend couldn't come, and we didn't mind much. The problem with this is that he had to take her home first, which wasn't that big of a problem until it took him 45 minutes to take her home. Here, it was around 12.15 and neither Tomas or Armando could drive to the hospital because of their curfew at 1. My car is only a two-seater, so we had a little problem on our hands. The solution I found was to go pick up my sister's car who was at my mom's house who lives around 15 minutes away, and then drive another 15 minutes to go pick up Armando and Tomas. I got to Tomas's house at around  12.45 and to Armando's house at around 12.50. Armando took around 15 minutes to get ready and change from the party that he was at. At this time it was a little past 1, and we embarked on our adventure to the hospital that was around 45 minutes away. Of course, we got there at around 2 in the morning, and my dad was obviously mad at that I had told him that I was going to get there at around 11 and that it was now 2. We got in the room, and I'm not kidding, at the moment I sat down on the bed, he got a call that there was a patient coming in that needed the bed. My dad got even madder because all he wanted to do was get some rest. He made me go to his office and wait until he checked out the patient and sent him on his way. At around 3, he called me that he was ready for us again, so we headed back to the room. My dad supplied us with a hospital gown, a neck brace, and an IV that I could tape on my arm. At first, we shot with all the lights on, but found that it wasnt that dramatic. We then turned the lights off and turned on an adjustable overhead light(shown below) that was very bright. Too bright in fact, that when I would open my eyes I couldn't see. We finally got the perfect shot with the perfect lighting and were on our way at around 3.45. On the way back home, we were starving and decided to stop at a Waffle House as it was the only thing open at this time. The waffles were very good and necessary for filming. At the end, I ended up getting home at around 5 in the morning. It was a very successful and fun film






Footage: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here is the link to our final product... Enjoy!